Keep Smiling.. :-)

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others..!!"

Thursday 8 December 2011

Sion to Sion... with Chandni Parekh

It was 4th of December, Sunday, at Mumbai; a long day, many experiences and a lot of exposure.
I have 4 long stories to share but I will make them short and elaborate on somee\ of them later. ;)

I'd like to dedicate this blog to a dear friend (the day started at Sion where my angel of the day, my friend, picked me up, and ended at Sion where she dropped me back!) who gave me the opportunity to use the day the way it was.

 (In chronological order:)

1. Vikas Khanna: It came as a surprise and a gift to me to meet him. I have been a big fan; a person of that stature and who has achieved what every common man would wish to; yet so compassionate, so nice, so soft spoken, so grounded; the benevolence, the smile, the innocence... he only humbles me more and teaches me to be better everyday. The innocent smile, the charming eyes, an affectionate tone, his belief system, among everything else about and around him; only increased my respect and regard for him. Those 5-8 minutes of time were fantastic. I will never forget the way he taught the two of us to make chai... wow, the way he connected it to a person's life and the confidence he gave... just awesome!!!

2. Debate on existence of God: I don't mind but I won't mention the names here. But trust me, a very well-known and proclaimed religious/spiritual speaker becomes diplomatic on the topic and takes the audience on a ride. It only saddened me. :(
I have an understanding after a lot of deep study that "what you believe Is true" is a wrong notion. 'What is right Is Right. What is wrong Is Wrong.' Right can't become wrong just coz someone believes it. That's an insult and undermining of the great laws of the Grand Universe.

3. Ekatwa: A group of 16 children from the slums of Ahmadabad staged a performance on human values based on Gandhian principles. This was jointly created by Manav Sadhna and Darpana Academy of Performing Arts. The message of Truth, Love and Oneness that came from these children, who hail from backgrounds that will only make one feel pity about, but yet so mature and understanding, was really very touching. Hundreds in the audience were moved . More than the performance alone, it was the values that they gave away that got a thunderous applause (it literally went on for minutes and we were forced to stop applauding) and a standing ovation.
I saw here, in those children and everyone around, what I wished to see in a proclaimed spiritual speaker!
There was peace and bliss, above all emotions, and a lot of wisdom to take away from the entire team. :)

4. The Taj Mahal Palace: Trust me, the reason I went to the book-reading here was the venue, very primarily. But it was an adventure of its kind. I was discussing state-run-media, economic and social conspiracies and movies 'Zeitgeist' and 'Wake Up Call' with my friends at the venue, and, there they were: the elite (socio-economic elite I mean)!! No offence to the good people there (there were nice people too, including the hero of the show!) but I had not seen a bigger show-off in terms of attitude, in terms of lack-of-common-sense, in terms of responsibility towards nature, in terms of the right understanding of and purpose of life, etc... Everything was really so unreal!!

I was aware but not exposed to such extremes (that too in a single day!!): *extremes of moral values, *extremes in thought process, *extremes in socio-economic trends, *extremes in way-of-life, *extremes in the way the life is perceived and understood, and what not!

I expect from myself to share a few more thoughts about the Sunday soon. :)

The day of course was filled with nice friends, nice talks, healthy chats, priceless moments, laugh, fun and frolic, delicious meals and all smiles. :) :) :)

A long sunday... :) :) :)

Keep Smiling.. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment